Sunday, July 14, 2013

How to Celebrate a Birthday


Sunday, July 14, 2013 – How to Celebrate a Birthday



No big parties today for my 63rd birthday.  No elaborate plans.  Just a casual brunch/lunch with Matt at a local Italian restaurant (eggs benedict on a slice of pizza – yum), a short visit to see my mother at Greenspring (we brought mini-cheesecakes from Whole Foods), and an evening get-together with a few neighbors for homemade peach tart that I baked this afternoon.  Let me know if you want the recipe.  It’s simple and delicious – much better than any birthday cake I’ve ever had.  

 
We’re still getting over the jet lag from our trip.  Yes, I know it’s just a one-hour time difference.  Maybe it’s the heat and humidity that’s making us feel so exhausted.  Despite the weather conditions, Elliott has been very active since we got back.  Today, he spent a couple of hours dismantling a toilet and hauling it out of the house.  It joined the vanity, sink, and mirror cabinet currently residing on our deck.  We may actually have a new bathroom by the time the summer ends.   

No more trips scheduled – yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment