Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Kinky Boots Effect


August, 29, 2013 – The Kinky Boots Effect

What’s happening to me?  I woke up thinking about shoes, specifically gorgeous fashionable shoes.  Call it the Kinky Boots Effect.  In the war between Stylish and Sensible, I’d always been firmly in the Sensible camp.  That is, until shortly after I saw the musical Kinky Boots in New York.  It must have awakened my inner vamp, the hidden side of me that was buried deep under decades-old layers of practicality.  I’d always self-righteously disapproved of girls (women, I should say) teetering around on high heels.  And I’d always felt that since my legs aren’t my best feature, I should stay away from attention-getting footwear.  Thus, flat and nondescript became my automatic shoe choice.  But when I think back to that magical performance of Kinky Boots, where all shapes and sizes of women – and men – exuberantly showed their zest for life by parading around in red-sequined thigh-high stiletto-heeled boots, the wedding shoes I purchased a couple of days ago seem tame by comparison.  Now I’m sorely tempted to go back to DSW and get those alluring black patent peep toes I saw later that day.  Yes, I can’t stop thinking about them.  And I wonder if, just to put an end to this new obsession, I should go out and buy the darn shoes today.  After all, they’re only $30.  I’d be willing to flush thirty dollars down the toilet if it would cure this Kinky Boots mania.  It would be easier (and better for the plumbing) if I just went over to DSW as soon as they open today.  And if the checkout person gives me a strange look (as if to say, “what’s that old lady doing with these shoes???”), well, I’ll just smile my brightest smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment