Thursday, April 28, 2016

Firsts


Firsts – April 28, 2016

On the streets of Brooklyn with Sylvie
Several firsts occurred on my recent trip to Brooklyn.  Sylvie attended her first Passover Seder.  (Although she was the youngest person in attendance, she did not ask the Four Questions this year.)  Elisa hosted her first Seder and did a wonderful job.  The homemade matzah balls in vegetable broth were terrific, as was the rest of the menu.  I’ll vote for salmon over brisket any day.  And nothing beats chocolate covered matzah for dessert.  

Matzah (without the chocolate) for Sylvie

Also, Sylvie tasted ice cream for the first time!  This momentous event took place on the roof terrace of Ample Hills Creamery on Union Street.  The flavor was peppermint patty, and from the very first spoonful, it was clear she adored it.  I feel honored that I was permitted to introduce her to one of my favorite foods.   
Enjoying ice cream with Christian, Sylvie and Matt (photo by Elisa)

Finally, I played my first ever game of shuffleboard at the Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club, right next door to Ample Hills Creamery.  Despite excellent coaching from Elisa and Matt, I didn’t win a single point.  However, I learned that the stick is called a tang and the wooden puck is called a biscuit.  I’m sure this useful knowledge will come in handy at some point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment