Thursday, May 25, 2017

Portrait of Elliott

Elliott once said his goal was to live to be 127.  If he were alive today, May 25, 2017 would be his 105th birthday.  Although it has been over a year since he passed away, his presence in my life is still very strong.  Writing his life story has occupied me for the past several years.  Now, I’m finally putting this project to rest. 


Portrait of Elliott is now available as a paperback book. You can find it on the Amazon website and the website of the publisher, Booklocker.  The price is the same at both sites.  The e-book version, which is less expensive, is already available on the Booklocker site and will be available on Amazon very soon.  I believe you can also find it on the Barnes & Noble website.  

I must admit that I’m a little nervous about releasing the book.  I hope it’s worthy of the remarkable man whose life I shared for over 32 years.  Please keep in mind that I wrote the book so that Elliott’s children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren would be inspired by his story.  Over the course of his long life, Elliott made plenty of mistakes and faced numerous obstacles.  However, he always managed to overcome them without losing faith in himself.  His zest for life buoyed him through all the challenges. 

As much as I miss him, I can’t think of Elliott today without breaking into a smile.  To Elliott Thompson’s family and friends, I offer you Portrait of Elliott so that you can get to know what made him so special. 


No comments:

Post a Comment