Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blogito Ergo Sum

 
Saturday, June 2, 2012 – Blogito Ergo Sum

Apologies to Latin scholars if my grammar is incorrect, but I think you get the idea.  (I blog, therefore I am.)  Unfortunately, time to write is in very short supply these days.  With Elliott’s recent centennial celebration (yes, we still have houseguests) and my mother’s upcoming move, I am busier than ever.  Meanwhile, my writing addiction is clawing at me and screaming for attention.  I vow to grant myself at least 15 minutes a day at the keyboard. 

In addition, I’ve decided that “retired” no longer describes my current work status.  Rather, a more accurate term might be “redirected.”  If that’s not an option on Facebook, I’ll settle for “self-employed.”  After all, I certainly work although I may not get monetary payment for it. 

And speaking of earning money, the big birthday bash had a surprising and quite pleasant side effect.  Many of our guests used the gallery guide I prepared and toured the house to see a mini-retrospective of Elliott’s work and some of mine as well.  One individual expressed an interest in acquiring 10 pieces (eight of Elliott’s and two of mine) for quite a respectable sum.  After careful consideration, Elliott and I decided to accept the offer.  We’re pleased that our creations will go to a loving home. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you guys thought of sharing your art for Artisphere? You guys should do an exhibit next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete