Thursday, May 31, 2012

Celebrating the Day

 
Thursday, May 31, 2012 – Celebrating the Day

We don’t have to wait another century or even another year to celebrate.  Each day’s simple pleasures are reason enough to rejoice.  I went outside before 7 this morning and discovered that our clematis has finally graced us with a lovely blossom.  The humidity has departed, giving way to air that smelled fresh and sweet.  Birds were twittering and singing with such vigor that I decided to open the windows (allergies be damned!) so we could enjoy their serenade as we ate our breakfast. 

Speaking of breakfast, I’ve recently become fascinated by coffee, much as I was fascinated by wine earlier in the year.  Elliott sticks to his tried-and-true French roast, but I like to experiment with different roasts and origins.  Every time I run out of coffee, I buy a new kind.  The problem is that I like them all!  Or perhaps that’s not really a problem. 

It’s such a luxury to have the time to sit and scratch out a few words on a scrap of paper while thoughts are swirling in my head.  I’m thinking about how I’ll spend the next hour – eating my oatmeal and drinking green tea, looking at the newspaper (after living in the birthday bubble for the past week, I have no idea what’s going on in the rest of the world), getting ready to go to the gym.  I just realized I’m smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment