Saturday, July 14, 2012

Born to Be French

 
Saturday, July 14, 2012 – Born to Be French

With a birthday on 14 July, I was born to be French.  Although we didn’t hang out le tricouleur this year, Matt joined Elliott, Elisa and me for an official Bastille Day lunch at a local restaurant appropriately named Bastille.  From the prix fixe menu du jour, we selected some of our favorite dishes, including mussels, beignets of shrimp with aioli, ratatouille, and steak frites.  Even I had to sample some of those mighty fine French fries.  But the highlight of the meal had to be the four desserts we ordered – they were all fabulous.   











Being together with my family truly made this birthday extra special for me.   Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday cards, emails, Facebook messages, and gifts.  And a special thank you to Anne M. for the delicious lavender body butter.

But wait, I just realized we haven’t sung La Marseillaise yet.  I must go find Elliott and take care of that oversight immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment