Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Morning

 
Wednesday, October 3, 2012 – October Morning

It’s one of those mornings I love, when I can ignore the clock and get up when I feel ready because I don’t have to rush out of the house.  There is time to smell the spicy air after last night’s heavy downpour and to listen to the crunch of acorns as I walk down to pick up the newspaper at the end of the driveway.  The car is plastered with wet leaves, and soggy branches, broken off during the rainstorm, litter the yard.  Plump dewdrops glisten on cobwebs draped over the bushes.  I look up into a silvery mist tangled in the tree tops.  A cup of tea, a quick check of the news, and then a walk through the neighborhood should fit into my schedule quite nicely.  Later this morning, I’ll be off to school – not as a teacher, but as a student, accompanying my friend Eleanor to the class she’s taking at George Mason University.  (Free classes – one of the benefits of advanced age!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment