Monday, March 25, 2013

Haiku Time


Monday, March 25, 2013 – Haiku Time

The annual appearance of the cherry blossoms always puts me in a haiku state of mind.  With this year’s late March snowstorm, I made the following attempts:

The snow is falling
and kissing the pink blossoms
of the cherry trees

Watching the snow fall
It kisses the cherry blossoms  
When will spring arrive?

Although we don’t have any cherry trees in our yard, there are several in our neighborhood that are already in bloom.  The blossoms are supposed to peak between April 3 and 6.  I’m planning to go into DC the first weekend in April for a walk around the Tidal Basin.  And, Elliott, in case you’re reading this, a cherry tree would be a good gift for Mother’s Day. 

 
While I was walking this morning, I had some more haiku ideas:

On my morning walk
Pelted by plump flakes of snow
Daffodils shiver

Snow shrouded holly
Cardinal perched on bare limb
Colors of spring snow

No comments:

Post a Comment