Monday, May 27, 2013

A New Look for a New Year

-->
Monday, May 27, 2013 – A New Look for a New Year

 
Elliott surprised me this morning with his new look.  The change isn’t too radical.  In fact, at first I didn’t even notice the difference.  but if you look carefully, you’ll see that he shaved off the sides of his beard.  Handsome as ever, I’d say.  And definitely better than the time he shocked me by shaving off his entire beard.  That was when we lived in Fayence.  Fortunately, that look didn’t last long.  I guess now he’ll have to add a shaving ritual to his daily routine in order to maintain the new look.  I think it makes him look younger, don’t you? 

This has been a glorious weekend and more celebrating is in store for today.  There’s still some birthday cake in the refrigerator (that mocha buttercream is sinfully delicious!) so I think we’ll go out to Meadowlark Gardens for an afternoon stroll and a cake picnic.  

The cake on Friday night at Beth El

Marshall and Matt joined us at Beth El

Dinner at District Commons before ShowBoat at the Kennedy Center

Elliott designed a new T-shirt

Judy Bass took us to dinner at Cafe Renaissance
Sunshine, spring weather, smiles of family and friends – what a wonderful way to start Elliott’s 102nd year.  We’re going to celebrate every single day.

1 comment:

  1. With these belated lines I wish you, Elliott a very happy 102nd year. Enjoy every moment of it. All the best, Zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete