Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Mostly Good Morning


September 8, 2014 – A Mostly Good Morning

I set my alarm clock for six this morning so I’d be able to get out early and be among the first at the Costco Tire Center on Sunday.  I bolted down breakfast and rushed out at 6:45 am.  Unfortunately, I was in such a foggy mental state that I had forgotten that they opened at 8 am, not 7 – a minor irritation, but it goes on negative column.  I didn’t realize my error until I arrived and found the parking lot deserted and a sign on the Tire Center door with the hours posted.  At least I’d be first in line.

I was on my own with the Sunday Washington Post for company until a couple of other early bird tire shoppers arrived around half an hour later.  By the time the Tire Center opened its doors, there were about a dozen people waiting, but I got the coveted #1 cone to display on the roof of my car.  That went on the plus side of the morning’s tally.  Also in the positive column – there was a sale on Michelin tires!  Of course, the price, even with the sale, had to go on the negative side.  


In a little over half an hour (much better than Friday’s four hour time estimate), our old Lincoln was decked out with four brand new tires –– so another positive entry.  However, Costco’s Tire Center doesn’t do alignments, resulting in another entry to the minus column and one more item on my to-do list for the week ahead. 

Overall, it was a good morning.  These tires are supposed to be good for 90,000 miles, so I'm hoping I'll never have to buy tires again.

No comments:

Post a Comment