Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Look Who's Celebrating Spring!


April 14, 2015 – Look Who’s Celebrating Spring!

Even though Elliott is in rehab, he didn’t miss out on the beautiful spring weather this past weekend.  On Saturday I wheeled him out onto The Virginian’s garden terrace to enjoy the sunshine and the flowers.  That little taste of the outside world energized him and strengthened his determination to walk again (with his walker, of course) as soon as possible.  

Elliott last Saturday
Our cherry blossoms reached peak bloom yesterday.  Instead of going into DC and walking around the Tidal Basin, I only had time to take a walk through my neighborhood.  I even went out in today’s morning drizzle to get one last look at the magical pink and white flowers.  I gazed upon them with a twinge of sorrow, knowing their brief moment of glory had passed. 

But the wet weather couldn’t dampen my spirits entirely.  Elliott called me late this morning after his physical therapy appointment.  He was very excited because he had “graduated” from using a wheelchair to walking with a walker.  Of course, the staff members at The Virginian are astounded at the rapid pace of his recovery.  

I’m sure Elliott can hardly wait to be home again.  And I can hardly wait for him to be driving me crazy again at home!  Seriously, though, his renewed energy and enthusiasm are cause for rejoicing.  Since I fully expect that he’ll be discharged well before the end of the month, I’d better enjoy the calm here while it lasts. 

1 comment:

  1. What god news about Elliott, one of my heroes. Robin, you have a natural flair for writing as we can see from your blog. We will keep up our prayers for Elliott and
    please convey our love. love and service Ernie

    ReplyDelete