Thursday, April 26, 2012

Party Planning

 
Thursday – April 26, 2012 – Party Planning

The crunch is on.  We got to the gym early, and then I had to go for my monthly hair maintenance.  When I got back, Team Thompson (that would be Elliott and I) spent a couple of hours at one of my favorite places, Wegman’s, this afternoon.  In addition to doing our grocery shopping and enjoying a snack (tasty shrimp-avocado-brown rice rolls – only 190 calories!), we met with a catering consultant and discussed food options for the birthday celebration.  I really had to rush to get my afternoon wine-tasting started by the 5 pm deadline.  I measured out my allotted 4 ounces – it’s quite a generous pour, at least for me.  Any more than that, and I’d probably be incapable of making dinner.  (And I probably wouldn’t care.) 

We’re almost ready for the arrival of friends Barbara and Glenn from Salem, Oregon.  They’re coming in tomorrow morning for a long-weekend visit.  I hope the weather will allow us to spend plenty of time out of doors.  A walk over Capitol Hill, from the American Indian Museum to the Botanical Gardens and on to Eastern Market, would be a great activity for Saturday or Sunday.  It would give us plenty of sights and eating options as we burned up calories.  In the meantime, I have to continue working on the Elliott movie.  I was having so much fun working on it last night that it was hard to tear myself away from the computer.   

I’ve also agreed to be one of the chaperones on a field trip that ESOL students from Annandale High are taking next Tuesday.  We’re going to the National Gallery of Art.  I’ve already worked on the students’ guide, and now I’m going to try to write up a brief guide for the chaperones, giving them some background on Renaissance, Impressionist, and Post-Impressionist art.   Whenever I look at paintings or drawings, I feel an urge to get back to doing art myself.  Maybe after the birthday celebration, I’ll try to set aside time for that.  How did I ever find time to work???

No comments:

Post a Comment