Sunday, May 6, 2012

Confessions of a Sweataholic

 
Sunday, May 6, 2012 – Confessions of a Sweataholic

Another day, another workout.  Elliott and I just got back from the gym.  We didn’t even consider taking Sunday off.  By unspoken agreement, we got up and were ready to leave the house by 8:30 this morning.  A remarkable transformation that has taken place in my psyche.  Previously, prior to discovering the joys of exercise, I had a confirmed case of sweataphobia.  But what they say about the positive mental benefits of intense aerobic exercise must be true.  As soon as I get going on that elliptical machine and I pump up my heart rate, I revel in the tingling sensation of sweat rivulets pouring down my face, bathing my neck, dripping down my chest. When I have the time, I follow my cardio workout with five minutes or so in the steam room.  Within seconds, my body becomes one big slippery, sweaty puddle.  There’s nothing as sweet and tantalizing as the aroma of fresh sweat. (Notice I specified that the sweat must be fresh.)  If this sounds like I have serious case of sweataphilia, just blame it on the post-exercise endorphins in control of my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment