Friday, May 4, 2012

Starting a New Day

 
Friday, May 4, 2012 – Summery Spring Morning

Out at 7:00 to taste the new day.  It sure smells like a summery-spring morning.  The birds are singing at the top of their lungs.  (Yes, dear birds, I bought another bag of your favorite food for the bird feeder in the back yard.)  Remnants of clouds are veils of thin silk against the watercolor blue of the sky.  In all directions, I see green.  Even those tall oaks, who were shy about showing their colors, are completely cloaked in green now.  In my neglected flowerbed out front, mint is running rampant, a reminder to me to get some annuals plants – but probably not today.  There are too many other things on the list, starting with breakfast and a morning workout.  After that, I’ll switch into “good daughter” mode, doing paperwork for my mother and taking her out for lunch and a pedicure.  Sweet Katie may have lost a lot of her short-term memory but she hasn’t lost her cheerful smile and endearing personality.  Well, I’d better get that oatmeal started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment