Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crunch Time

 
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 – Crunch Time

With three days remaining, crunch time is here.  Sure, there are momentary flare-ups when the pressure gets to us, but overall, I’m determined to maintain the right perspective and to keep some balance in my life.  I’ve even scheduled in some time for myself today: a morning workout, Indian buffet lunch at Woodlands, and the finale of Glee tonight.  After our workout yesterday morning, we spent four hours at Wegman’s, finalizing the order for Saturday and Sunday (and sampling the cupcakes).  Also, I managed to enlarge and print out the family tree charts of Elliott’s ancestors and descendants.  Thank you to Elisa for creating these. 

At home, it’s hard to control my compulsion to straighten up and put things away.  Now, if only the garden would look as good as the inside of the house, I’d be happy.  Hopefully today’s rain will make it easier to pull weeds from the flowerbeds tomorrow.  There’s no chance of growing grass, so maybe I should just spray paint the front yard green.  The forecast says the rain should stop by the weekend – so several activities can take place out of doors. RSVPs are still rolling in.  Barack and Michelle won’t be able to come to the party, but they sent Elliott a lovely birthday greeting.   




No comments:

Post a Comment