Thursday, April 11, 2013

Missing AHS


Thursday, April 11, 2013 – Missing AHS

Taxes are finished, but I don’t feel like celebrating.  It was an excruciating ordeal that left me exhausted, and I’m just glad it’s over.  I’m continuing my morning walks in the woods.  It’s fascinating to watch the transformation of the forest as it sheds its drab winter palette.  Each day sees new bursts of color from flowering bushes, vines, and trees.  The birds are certainly enjoying the new season, judging from their non-stop chatter.  At every rustle in the leaves, I expect to see our frisky neighborhood fox appear again, but today’s wildlife sighting was confined to squirrels. 





With all that’s been going on at home recently (remodeling the bathrooms, preparing taxes, etc.), it’s no wonder I’ve been feeling the urge to get back to Annandale High.  When I was teaching, it was so much easier to escape from the stress at home.   I’m looking forward to getting back there soon to do some more subbing.  In the meantime, I enjoyed seeing many of my AHS friends today at Cindy’s.  It was billed as a tea party.  However, we were all in agreement that temperatures were too hot for tea.  Instead, Cindy served lemonade and iced tea.  And Ola prepared a special Egyptian treat – a delicious and refreshing cold beverage made from dried hibiscus.  A couple of hours of sipping, nibbling, and catching up on school-related news (there’s always some drama playing out) helped get my mind off family concerns.  It was around this time of year that I used to start counting down the days until final exams and the end of the school year.  I’m still feeling a little lost without that structure to my life.  









No comments:

Post a Comment