Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Last Supper & Some Reflections

 
Thursday, February 23, 2012 – The Last Supper & Some Reflections

A slow walk down Central Avenue to Moscato’s Bella Cucina for our last supper in St. Petersburg.  The fresh angel hair pasta was superb – mixed with fresh mozzarella, resting on a bed of baby spinach leaves, bathed in olive oil and garlic, and topped with grilled zucchini and yellow squash. 



And a few thoughts about compatibility – I’m amazed at how we’ve lived in such close quarters, nearly 24 hours a day, for the past three weeks without any significant tension or conflict.  (The minor incidents were all short-lived and occurred when I was trying to navigate and drive in unfamiliar territory.)  So I guess we’re compatible, which is good to know after 28 years.  As for Elliott, his positive outlook and joie de vivre continue to inspire me.  He hasn’t let pain or the side effects of medication keep his spirits down.  He moves more slowly nowadays, but he keeps going and we just factor his reduced speed into our schedule of activities.  I can’t begin to count the number of times I’ve heard him reply to a stranger’s “how are you?” query with “99 – and doing fine!”  There’s real conviction in voice when he says it.  It’s spurred me to come up with my own response to the question:  “61 – and having fun!”

No comments:

Post a Comment