Saturday, August 4, 2012

Farmer Robin's Report

 
Saturday, August 4, 2012 – Farmer Robin’s Report



Saturday started early for Farmer Robin.  After a hearty breakfast, I donned the appropriate wardrobe:  straw hat (good for sun protection, plus great at hiding summer-wild hair), comfy plaid shirt, and faded old jeans rolled up to my knees.  By nine, I was out in the sunny fields, picking corn, tomatoes, peaches, and – is that an apple turnover growing over there?  My goodness, it’s amazing what you can find in the Fairfax City Farmers’ Market.  Actually, I bought the apple turnover as a little gift for Elliott who was resting up at back at the house.  Two days after his surgery, he feels well but is still quite bruised and swollen around the eyes.  For the moment, I’ve declared a photo-free zone around him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment