Monday, August 20, 2012

Ready for Fall

 
Monday, August 20, 2012 – Ready for Fall

Congratulations to Elliott for completing a challenging one-mile-plus circuit through the neighborhood today.  His new medication regimen (a higher dosage of pain killer, plus a new drug for calming irritated nerves) helped make it possible.  Along with the reduction in pain came an increase in his energy level.  Along the way, we paused to admire the patterns of color on leaves that had already fallen to the ground.  I scooped up a few samples to bring back home.  Like us, the trees have grown tired of summer and are ready to move on to the next season.  By the way, if anyone can identify the type of tree these leaves came from (as you know, I’m horticulturally challenged), please let me know.  If I had to guess, I’d say it was some kind of maple.  


No comments:

Post a Comment