Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Home Again!

 
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 – Home Again!

I'm finally back in the FCPS cyber-universe – same user name and email address as before.  It feels so good to be home.   How did this all come about?  Last week, in a moment of temporary insanity, I wanted to run away from home.  Instead, I signed up for the FCPS sub system.  Actually, it took a lot longer than a moment to go through the sign-up process at the HR office.  I had to get fingerprinted, I had to hand in the results of my TB test, and I had to fill out pages and pages of documents for FCPS and Homeland Security. (I’m still not quite sure how listing the names and birthdates of all of my children and step-children will keep the country safer.  Or maybe they just want to send them all birthday cards?)  And this is what I had to go through after teaching in the county for the past 20 years.  What kind of torture do they have for brand-new employees, I wonder.  But I jumped through all the hoops and I’m now officially available to sub.  In fact, I’ve already booked my first two customers, Georgi and Marcela.  I guess I’d better practice getting up early again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment