Monday, January 23, 2012

Dinner in Brazil Tonight!

 
January 23, 2012 – Dinner in Brazil
I whipped up some Brazilian magic in the kitchen tonight.  The sweet potato and black bean stew is a vegetarian version of the national dish, feijoada.  I found the recipe in a cookbook by Nava Atlas.  She suggests serving the colorful vegetable mixture over tomato infused brown rice.  Kale sautéed in olive oil with slivered garlic was the perfect accompaniment.  It was delicious, and healthy, too.  But Elliott wasn’t even tempted to try it.  Instead, his dinner consisted of Genoa salami, pain de campagne (country French bread), and a mesclun salad.   At least I’m getter smarter about quantities when I cook.  I cut the feijoada recipe in half so I won’t be eating the same dinner four nights in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment