Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lost!

January 25, 2012

Lost!  Former AHS ESOL teacher has vanished from FCPS cyberspace.  Yes, that’s right.  Without any warning, my FCPS email account was expunged from the system.  I made this disturbing discovery on Sunday, January 22, three weeks after my official retirement.  Why the delay?  And why not some advance notice, please?  These questions will undoubtedly go unanswered.  So if any of my FCPS colleagues are trying to reach me, please use Facebook or my personal email:  robinbthompson@verizon.net. 

In the meantime, I’m trying to deal with this loss of identity.  It will be a struggle, I assure you.  In my mind, I’m still an AHS ESOL teacher and I always will be.  In fact, later this week, I’m planning to go to school and visit some of “my” classes and attend our department’s lunch meeting.  I saw an article in the newspaper today that I wanted to share with “my” students.  Wow, I really, really miss the classroom.  Those feelings have just surged back when I thought I was adjusting to retirement so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment