Saturday, January 14, 2012

Togetherness

The main reason for choosing to retire now was to spend more time with Elliott.  We’ve certainly had plenty of togetherness these past couple of weeks.  This has taken some adjustment on my part since I was used to spending the majority of my waking hours away from home until very recently.  I often think back to the four years we spent living in the South of France, when we were together 24 hours a day.  It was clear then and it’s still true now – Elliott loves being with me, no matter what I’m doing – whether it’s hanging up the laundry to dry on the communal clothes line (20-plus years ago in Fayence) or running off to Trader Joe’s to pick up a few items for dinner (this afternoon in Fairfax).  I promise to write more about Elliott tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment