Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm in Love!

January 29, 2012 – I’m in love!

I’ve made a startling discovery:  I love winter.  Yes, after years of dreading this season, I find that I’m enjoying it tremendously.  This newfound love has made me giddy, in fact.  I walked outside this morning during the first hour of daylight and drew the crisp, cold air deep into my lungs.  The rising sun anointed the bare branches and painted the sky the most tender shade of blue.  Joyful birdsong beckoned me to come out and play.  Winter used to be a playground bully that kept me huddled inside, but no more.  After breakfast, I could hardly wait to go back out.  Forty degrees, and a light breeze seemed delightful.  With my newly-knitted scarf (shades of red) snug around my neck, I set off to do a round of errands, including picking up packing boxes for Elisa’s move.  Ah, it’s great to be in love with winter.  (Elliott, please don't be jealous.)

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I share your new love. This is the first "winter of my content." I find it bracing, even exillerating. The trick is to be properly dressed, take my anti-cold pill (Zyrtec) and have new knees for walking. We should go for a walk together one day with my puppies! Eleanor

    ReplyDelete