Monday, January 30, 2012

Side by Side at the Nail Salon

January 30, 2012




On the agenda for Monday:  side by side pedicures.  Yes, retirement has made it possible for us to incorporate this romantic ritual into our relationship.  It’s not as strange as it may sound.  Elliott has been going for regular pedicures much longer than I have.  It’s not because he’s vain.  Rather, it’s because his fossilized toenails require industrial strength nail clippers that only salons seem to have.  I’m a relative neophyte when it comes to pedicures.  Elisa convinced me to have my first one a couple of years ago when we took a family vacation to Las Vegas.  The most exciting part for me is choosing a color from the array of nail polishes.  It allows me to be daring, but in a subtle way.  Today, I selected a vivid shade of fuschia.  For Elliott, I suggested a suitably masculine shade of blue, in anticipation of our barefoot strolls on the sandy Florida beaches.  Not unexpectedly, he declined.  At least we can now check pedicures off the list.  The preparations for our trip are rolling right along.  After the pedicures, I bought enough 85% cocoa chocolate bars from Trader Joe’s to last for 3 weeks.  (I calculated a modest 1 square per person per night.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment