Monday, January 23, 2012

Misty Monday morning

 
January 23, 2012
Misty Monday morning.  Eight o’clock already, but no sun in sight.  I go out for the newspaper and delicate droplets of moisture tickle my face.  Water oozes from beneath the thin layer of ice covering the grass.  A mysterious hush fills the air.  For a few moments, I’m transported to another world.  I expect a knight in silvery armor to come riding out of the woods on horseback.  He’ll swoop me up and ….

Anyway, back inside the house again, feeling relaxed after a good 8 hours of sleep even though I stayed up to watch the entire Giants vs. 49’ers game last night.  I didn’t really care who won.  It was just a treat to be able to stay up late on a school night, something I couldn’t have done in my pre-retirement days. 

We kept track of Elliott’s pain yesterday but it was impossible to see any connection between his activities and his pain level.  I’m happy to report that the pain in my neck is finally subsiding. And with less than two weeks before our departure for Florida, Elliott and I will be heading over to the local AAA office today for maps and tourbooks.  We welcome suggestions about places to visit, restaurants to try, etc. in St. Augustine, Winter Park, St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment