Sunday, January 15, 2012

Looking forward to a snow day?

Is Today a Snow Day?
Back in my teaching days, I always looked forward to at least one good snow day each winter.  Even though I’m no longer teaching, I still feel that I deserve the occasional snow day.  So I’m going to declare a snow day very soon.  The fact that there’s no snow in the forecast doesn’t deter me.  Actually, snow is not required for a snow day.  All that’s necessary is the resolve to stay in your bathrobe or PJs and not leave the house for the entire day.  J  Drinking hot chocolate, building a fire in the fireplace, and taking a nap all are part of the snow day ritual.  If you require an exercise break, put on some salsa music and dance around the house.  Get some soup simmering on the stove and some cookies baking in the oven.  Luxuriate in the bathtub.  Watch at least one movie, preferably black and white, or one containing snow.  Pretend the power is out and use candles for light.  I bet you could use a snow day, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment