Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17 - A Good News Day

It looked like a dismal morning when I headed off to the gym but the sky was brightening by the time I finished my workout.  And there’s good news to report from Elliott:  taking his hydrocone every 3-4 hours seems to keep his pain under control throughout the day.  Of course, there are the occasional aches and twinges that we both experience.  It’s so shockingly easy to strain a muscle by doing ordinary activities.  My neck has been bothering me for the past couple of days, and I’m almost certain it’s because I loaded a heavy grocery bag into the deep trunk of our geezermobile (thanks for the car, Mom) rather than placing it on the back seat.

Lunch out, dinner at home.  We went back to Choices by Shawn in Fairfax City for some of their really good home-style cooking.  Since I hardly ever cook meat, Elliott took advantage of the opportunity to order meatloaf.  He finished up with coconut cake and blackberry chocolate chip ice cream.  Sometimes I wish I could eat the way he does!  But I tried to be good, and I was perfectly content with my grilled veggie sandwich and a taste of his dessert.  For dinner, I made a super simple recipe for cauliflower and chick pea soup.  I thought it was delicious, but Elliott turned it down in favor of bread, butter, Norwegian goat cheese, and herring.  Vive la difference!

And finally, a confession – my Spanish homework is still sitting on my desk, untouched, and I predict that it will not be done before I go to bed tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I read your post and went to the Choices By Shawn website and found that they do gluten free and dairy free! what a find, will have to go when I am back home. For now, more felafel and hummus in Jerusalem!

    ReplyDelete